Monday, September 29, 2014

Tracting and tired

That was a really long letter to read, but I enjoyed it! I'm glad you were able to have such a wonderful time! Y'all did a great job of keeping me from this knowledge of the cruise. Sara is the one that spilled the beans last week! I'm glad to see Sara writing more. I really do enjoy getting emails from my family. This week has been a trying week. We have had lots of appointments fall through, and we have resorted to a lot of tracting. We have done our best to fill up our time with meaningful activities, but every time we tried to be creative and clever a road block was thrown in our way. So we finally took a hint from God and went door to door. We didn't find much success that way either. But the Lord will always provide. We had 3 awesome miracles pop up out of nowhere. One kid ran up to us while we were walking last P-day and asked for a prayer and how he can get baptized. Oh boy did we get excited about that! We told him we MIGHT be able to help him out with that! :) We also had a member introduce us to his son-in-law who told us he wants to be baptized, but to keep it on the down low, because it's going to be a surprise for his wife. He is going to take the lessons secretly and attend church on base then on the day of his baptism he will ask her to meet him at the church and he is going to be dressed in all white! It's going to be sweet! Then the third is a Part-member family that has truly been prepared by the Lord! They have no nasty habits! They are a young family, and the father(member) wants to get back into church, he hasn't been in years. It's going to be great to see this family united through his act under the priesthood.
 
So I was talking with President the other day and he volunteered some info to me. He basically told me that this will be my last area, and that I have been here to clean up the army base. Apparently this special opportunity has been taken very lightly and has become sloppy. He wants me to go in straighten things up and report on the situation. He told me that Ft. Sill has been affecting the missionaries pretty bad, and quite a few of them have been having what he called mental breakdowns. He did a dang good job at peaking my interest, and I have to wait 3 more weeks to even begin my position on base. I am interested to find out how I can learn and grow from this situation. I also found out that Ft. Sill apparently isn't part of the Oklahoma Oklahoma City Mission. I guess all military bases are separate and under the head military relation guy in Salt Lake or wherever he is. So I guess that means I'm serving in 2 missions just like Sean! Coolio!
 
Well I'm feeling old! I have never experienced this kind of fatigue in my life! Sometimes I don't know how it's even possible that I continue to move. It's truly a miracle. 
 
I'm super excited for Conference! I love Conference so much! 
 
Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment