Monday, September 15, 2014

GOOD WEEK??

I guess I will start off with the questions;

So my companion and I are the "Post Missionaries." That is what we have been called to. However, we still cover part of the Lawton 1st ward. So due to weird circumstances and technicalities one missionary from the (each of the) four companionship's go onto base on Sundays to teach. They do not teach with a companion. So in the morning Elder Winterton, Sis. Law, Sis. Taylor, and I go to the stake center. We hang around for the other wards correlation meeting and first half of sacrament meeting. Sis. Law and I then leave sacrament and head to correlation with our ward mission leader, which we just got a new one, and then to P.E.C or Ward Council. We then go to sacrament meeting together and wait for our companions to get back from Ft. Sill. They usually show up during the second hour. So the missionary who goes to "post" is the missionary who has been in Lawton longer. So since I was transferred to Lawton I am the ward missionary and E. Holbrook is the "Post missionary." Once E. Holbrook leaves I will then serve on base. E. Holbrook has been in lawton for 6 months so I can expect to be on base next transfer.

So apparently being from Modesto California is not an okay thing. It's been rather weird and hard on us as missionaries. I've had my fair share of odd opposition, but being neglected and avoided because of geographic location is a new one. Honestly, one member told me that we are not to call him to come out with us, because I'm from Modesto and he will avoid me like Eboli, or whatever that plague is that's going around. 

The man from the Library did show up again, and I found out his true intent. He is a pastor who just graduated seminary and was just looking for a bash session. He kept saying things like "I forgot my material", "I should have brought my notes." "I left the big guns in the car." I just quietly bore testimony then jumped on the computer. It was ridiculous. He wanted to show me some film from YouTube that shows some Apologia Pastor bashing with Elders, then discuss it with him. I told him no, and it was probably one of the funniest reactions yet. He was so caught off guard. It took all I had not to laugh. Anywho. That is a no go. 

Thanks for the reminder about Claire.

So this last Tuesday we had a mission conference with Elder Foster of the 2nd quorum of the 70. It was awesome! What was great was he asked to speak with all the District Leaders specifically. It was a wonderful experience to literally sit at the feet of a general authority and council with him on how to further our Heavenly Father's vision! I received some great instruction and how to be a facilitator of action and growth. I'm so excited to implement it! Tomorrow we have Zone Conference. We received a letter from President Walkenhorst stating that I-pads will be here before the end of the year.

Not a second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham


MORE from RYAN

Either the best or the ones who talk a lot and tend to dominate teaching situations ;) Maybe a combination of both. Elder Winterton is an elder in the other ward. Lawton 2nd. He and sister Taylor become companions until their companions return. I'm not entirely sure, I think it has very little to do with security, but we do know that that is going to be improved with all (the recent) middle east stuff. I think it is more along the lines of being informed and working closely with church leaders. If both missionaries went relations would be more slim than they already are. It's just all weird to me. I feel disobedient, but I've also received confirmation from President that this is the way it works best. It's a weird situation. Ft. Sill is also the highest baptizing area in the mission. We had four 2 weeks ago, 1 yesterday and 5 more scheduled for next week. BUT, Apparently it's not considered part of our mission. I guess each military base is it's own mission. Our numbers are reported separately than all others. It's a major morale boost area :) hahaha. Elder Holbrook travels with the other three missionaries that go to "post" another elder and 2 sisters. 

I don't know about Modesto. It's the weirdest thing ever. It was depressing the first minute I heard it all, now it just makes me laugh and amazes me. They talk a lot about Lacy Peterson, and gang violence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment