Monday, September 8, 2014

New Area

402 NW Sheridan Rd. #503
Lawton, OK 73505

I don't have much time to write, because I was just about to sign on when a man asked me not to and to sit down with him. Well I was able to teach the restoration, and right as I was thinking it was going well, he gave me a look that I have seen many times. He then pulled out a packet of anti material that was absolutely ridiculous! It frightened me a little, how someone who I had felt inspired to invite to be baptized could have such a 180 degree flip and contend so harshly. I am so glad the Spirit was there. I realized that the Lord allowed me to teach a powerful lesson not necessarily for him to feel, but for me to know that God was with me and would sustain me. And he did! I have never had a bash session go so well. I don't if I can say that, but that's how I feel. My companion was already on the computer so I was a lone soldier, but I had the companionship of the Spirit. I love the Gospel. I love the book of Mormon. The man, left promising me he would read the Book of Mormon and study it. He said he was going to "pick it apart" but hey at least he will be reading it. This may be an opportunity. I was committed by him to read some chapters from the NT and to watch some you tube videos. You know, sometimes I love not being able to watch videos ;) Well, Lawton is great! I'm enjoying the hard work we have in front of us. So I have not been hitting it off well with the members, which has never happened. This area has some interesting things in store for Elder Burnham, I just know it! My companion is great. We get a long really well. We sometimes get along to well. We have to tone down our fun sometimes. The whole "The right time and place" concept. :) His name is E. Hollbrook. He's from Pacen, UT. My district needs to be unified, so that is my main focus right now. We need to build areas up! Thanks for taking care of all the logistics. I appreciate it! So I'm not actually teaching on base. My companion does and I'm a companion with a Sister for Sundays, it's really weird! I'll try to explain next week, when I have more time. For now, just know that it's approved by President. I'm in a bike area. I'll probably end my mission here as well.

Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment