Monday, October 6, 2014

Wonderful Conference Weekend

Our weekend was definitely wonderful! We are seeing so many miracles! I'm so thankful for the Lord's hand in all this! 

So the fatigue, I feel its probably a combination of both. I just feel like there aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish a sufficient amount of work. I definitely have rededicated myself to exercising more effectively. And I've been doing pretty well with keeping that up. However, I do feel I am not doing enough. I told my companion we will start running in the morning, but he has been fighting a cold and now I am getting one. I will see how much this sickness will let me do (exercise wise). I definitely haven't been eating very healthily. I don't eat out, but out here in biking areas, It's just so hard to have a meal. Since it takes a longer time traveling place to place, we cut our meal times shorter to compensate. So that leads to buying quick things that aren't the most healthy. I'm trying to buy more fresh snacks, but when all I eat is a handful here and a handful there I don't think I'm getting the energy I need. I know I need to sit down and budget and set a meal plan, but I don't really know where to start. I know I need to eat more veggies and fruits, but how many, and what about the cost. It's not that I can't it's that it's hard for me to find time to do so. I know that's a lame excuse, but I'm working on it. 

ANYWHO! I loved Elder Robbin's talk on "which way do you face?" I also really enjoyed Elder Oak's talk. I received some revelation there with how I need to change. I will studying more on being meek and mild, and how I can apply that in my life. Jorg Klebingat called me fat so I'm going to run more. I really enjoyed Elder Cook's talk as well! I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk on asking ourselves first "Lord is it I?" Then I really enjoyed Elder Godoy's talk! Then last of all I loved Elder Bednar's. I think I will be using Pres. Uchtdor'f testimony talk and Elder Bednar's talk a lot when teaching. they were perfect for missionary work!

Speaking of the Lemmos, do you hear anything about Freddy? If you see him at the temple, make sure you give him a hug for me! Tell him his cousin is doing well out here. In fact I barely missed being her DL. When I came to Lawton she went into my last district. 

So we are preparing to meet with our bishop soon. He has been pretty rough to work with. We don't know his vision, and we don't know him! We are working on unifying our vision with the Lawton vision. We are going in with the What, How, and Why of unity. We are focusing on the what and the why, and we will counsel with him the how. We just feel so separated from any of the Auxiliaries. We are seeing miracles but it is not with our leaders so there really isn't any trust. We are trying our best to be like Ammon and begin through service, but he hasn't let us, and he doesn't acknowledge it when it happens. We are working hard.

Well I love you! I will certainly keep Sara in my prayers. 

Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment