Monday, October 20, 2014

Hold on and Believe in Him

As I was reading this letter a quote from Elder D. Todd Christofferson popped into my mind. He said something along the lines of the definition of being a leader is: "Putting on public display your weaknesses and then working to overcome them." 
...
Life is just as crazy as ever. We had stake conference this weekend, and it was great! Our stake president is the man! He is super missionary minded and we are going to see great things happen! We had a missionary panel and I was to lead it out, because of the leadership position I'm in. It was so fun and helpful for us. We have gained so much trust with the members out here! We have a baptism this Saturday! He, Beau, is a true example of the Atonement working wonders in someone's life. He used to be a crack addict, alcoholic, chain smoker, gang-banger, and addicted to mountain dew. He has/had a bunch of tattoos and earrings. He is now preparing to be baptized, and get married to his girlfriend. The plan is that he will get the priesthood and then baptize his wife. His wife is an excommunicated member who is wanting to get back into the church. It's a great story! I'll send pictures next week!

I love you all so very much! I haven't received the package yet, but I will be looking for it. 

Just out of curiosity, do we have any relatives still in OK? Chickasha is an area for missionaries to serve in. I may be able to request it if I have non-member relatives still. ;) That would be sweet!
 
Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham

"Be assured that if you but hold on, believe in Him, and remain faithful in keeping the commandments, one day you will experience for yourselves the promise revealed to the Apostle Paul: Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him." - Dieter F. Uchtdorf.

No comments:

Post a Comment