Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year

Man, I hate it when you make me cry in the library! Now my district is making fun of me! Thanks a lot! ;) This month has been the most memorable month of my mission! I have found my purpose in being here in Ponca and I have grown so much. I have felt my Saviors love the strongest while serving among the people here! The trials I have experienced have been minute to the amazing miracles I have witnessed! Most of them I didn't even think I deserved! I love my Father in Heaven! I love His grace! I am striving each and everyday to be better than the previous! I feel like the holidays have dampened my go a little, but resolutions are so great and fun to make! I'm ready to put my shoulder to the plow and plant some more seed! This week has been great! We had been working with Dana all week in prep for her baptism, and it went over sooo well! She is fantastic! We are so glad to have been the ones to guide her back into the fold! She has blessed our lives immensely! These coming weeks we are going to work diligently to help her daughter enter the waters of baptism as well! She has some shining examples to look up too, and seeing her mom get baptized was a great testimony builder for her. 


We will have another baptism up in Ponca City soon! I will be printing out some pictures from Walmart today and I will send them home for y'all. It's been a crazy month! New Year's eve wont be anything exciting it's a no-proselyting day, unless we have appointments. New Years day is a normal day. I love my Savior! I love the Book of Mormon! I love the feelings of the Spirit! I love being fed by members! I love having a cooperative and functioning district! I love reflecting on the past and seeing how much I've grown in the gospel and in my testimony! I love my family! I am thankful for all y'all do to inspire and bless my life each and everyday! I hope I was able to brighten your day with the few things I had at my disposal. I know it wasn't much but I wished to show my appreciation for all you have done! I will continue on strong! I will finish, I will not falter! I know who I am, and what my purpose is! I'm out here to love my brothers and sisters, the rest just falls in line naturally! I have been taught how to love by my family! Y'all are the most unconditional in your love! I wish to emulate that love to all! I will not waste my Lord's time! I will not be a stumbling block for others! I am a child of God!

Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment