Monday, July 29, 2013

Wonderful Week

This week has been wonderful! I haven't seen the branch participate in missionary work so much as I experienced this week! We got a whopping 3 members with us! That is soooo awesome for out here! We saw some great miracles! One that ill just kind of share is about a man named Robert. We knocked some doors, and weren't having much success until we came across a gold mine!!!!!! TRAILER PARK!!!! It was great, we grabbed a bunch of potentials. Robert and his family being a few. Well we returned and taught the Restoration and it went superb! He told us that he had really not been very active in any church since his move from Texas, but that he knew we were sent of God to put him back on the right path! It was amazing! Even with Conan the barbarian on in the background we all felt the spirit! He wants to keep meeting with us and is all for reading the Book of Mormon! He wasn't too excited when we brought up baptism, but "Resistance is Futile!" I'm real excited to work with him and his family! His wife and son were both involved in the lesson so we are just pumped for them and for what lies in store for them! So the Google Maps car was doing its route while we were out tracting, so you might be able to see Elder Kenison and I on Walnut st. in Pauls Valley :) So I received the biggest wake-up call thus far! A 77 year old potential told Elder Kenison while we were on exchanges that every time she sees me she just wants to poke me in the belly! I WAS CALLED THE PILLSBERRY DOUGH-BOY! NOT COOL!!!!! Well needless to say, we have done a lot more biking, and my personal exercise has picked up! :(  Well I'm super glad to hear Sara is doing H2O Polo! I think she could be super good at that! Jenni can be here personal trainer! I don't know if I have a message for the family besides I love them all to death! Don't get into trouble and if they ever see missionaries offer them something to drink! Its dadgum hot! As for the memory, its more of for the home than the individual. I remember spending the night at grandma and grandpa's and all day long I was either at the park digging for those weird sand bees, or I sneaking grandpa's Vienna Sausages, or I was climbing the big tree out back. I remember falling out of that tree from like 15 feet up and running inside afraid to tell anyone because I thought I would get into trouble, silly, but I was dead afraid I would get chewed out for climbing the tree and falling out of it!!! Well That's really all I've got for y'all this week! Have a wonderful reunion! Don't forget to look for those fields pies if they have 'em there. I love y'all so much! Y'all are always in my prayers! Oh mom, how did the writing to the Presidents go? And nope just those stamps. I've got like 10 letter sitting in envelopes waiting for stamps :) I love you.

Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Burnham (B2)

No comments:

Post a Comment