Monday, July 1, 2013

Huggin'

That was exhausting to just read! It sounds like y'all had a splendid couple of weeks! Im a little jealous, but not really! Well before I forget I want to share something I thought pretty interesting; it's from a John Bytheway talk. Our Great-Grandfathers called it the Holy Sabbath, our Grandfathers called it the Sabbath, our Fathers called it Sunday, and we call it the weekend. There is something terribly wrong with this isn't there? This just got me to thinkin' about how I keep/kept the Sabbath day holy. Anyway, so the two baptisms went smooth! I implemented Brianne's intermission thing with testimonies on 3x5 cards. She really appreciated it. So yeah my solo went well, meaning I didn't screw up. Then at the second baptism all 4 elders signed "When I am baptized." It shocked her and she began to cry. It was a very neat experience for me! Maybe ill film myself doing it and send it to y'all. This probably wont be my last experience with signing because I found out I will be staying in Pauls Valley. Pretty early to find out right? Well here is the big news..... I have been called to train! Crazy right? I received a phone call from the assistants right after the baptism and they said I will be training next transfer in Pauls Valley. I'm super duper nervous, but excited at the same time! I've only been out for 4 months for goodness sake! I got to thinkin' about this and how it would work out with Elders Burnham serving together and it might work out perfectly. Sean has about 2 transfers left if im not mistaken. Training is a 12 week program or 2 tansfers. This may be a blessing. It would work perfectly if granted. Sean would fill my trainee's position! It makes me all hyped to think it could be happening! Plus, we have found like 5 spanish families that would be perfect that Sean could teach. My hands are shaking! Im pretty excited to be a "father" hahaha. Hey mother i have a question for you; did you ever find out what was up with that SD card I sent home? Oh and one last thing, I hate the no hugging rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLEH! So we met this young mother, she's probably 24, and we had been visiting with her husband. Well Friday night we knocked their home and was planning to teach them, but she said he was gone and she didnt know where. They had had an argument that turned south and she thought that might be the end of their marriage. Then she unloaded the big guns! She told us that her father, step-father, sister, grandfather, grandmother, and brother had all died and she had just beaten cancer and how she was diagnosed her junior year, so for prom, graduation senior pictures she had to wear a wig. Her son wasnt supposed to live more than a month, all these things, then out of the blue she asked "Can I hug you guys, y'all have something I need." BAM!!! Shotgun to the heart! I knew I couldn't do it but I wanted to help this woman out in any way. Luckily she went for Elder Haskell first and he stuck his hand out and dodged the hug, so it was easier for me, But dang I blame our family for being such a huggy family! We gave her a Plan of Salvation and Family proclamation pamphlet then prayed with her. The next night we went back and found out that both of them had read the proclamation an where on much better terms, had worked things out and are wanting to come to church and learn more! Im way excited for them! I lord truly works in mysterious ways! I love this work! I love the Plan of Salvation, and knowing I will see my family again! I love knowing true happiness and joy! I love my Father in Heaven, and His son Jesus Christ. I love the gospel! I love the Book of Mormon! Im excited and terrified to train, but I know it will help me grow! I know things happen in Heavenly Father's time and not our own, as frustrating as it may be, I know it s always what's best for us!

Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Burnham (B2)

No comments:

Post a Comment