Monday, August 5, 2013

Every Member a Missionary


The week sounded awesome for y'all. I'm a little jealous, but not too much! I think the reunion I'm having with my brothers and sisters out here is pretty darn sweet as well. (And I've got Fields Pie) Man I still cannot fathom Sara being in high school. It's just not right! So, have you arranged for someone to pick Sara up every morning or will you be taxiing once more? I say make her walk! :) When does water polo practice start? Has she considered leadership? If not she better! It will help with college! Get involved Sara!!!! So we had our temple conference this past Thursday. It was great! The OKC temple is tiny but just as wonderful as any other. For our conference part Pres. Walkenhorst established his vision for the mission! For the month of July we got 28 baptisms and confirmations, For the month of August he has received inspiration to challenge us and see 100 baptisms and confirmations!!! HOLY MOLY!!! Its a big number, but if he has confidence in us we should have confidence in us! Needless to say the work is hastening! We have got to really put in the work now! I thought I was doing all I could before! I guess it wasn't good enough! Time to build upon the knowledge and understanding I have! I am fervently praying to find the elect in this little town of Pauls Valley! I am kind of feeling overloaded with responsibilities here in this branch, with having to teach gospel principles, a missionary 101 class, train, and do my best to help this vision come to pass! But who said it was going to be easy right! Maybe this dough boy will be back in shape in no time! So that's really all I've got for y'all today! Mom don't worry about the stamps too much, whenever they arrive they arrive. I'm learning patience and it will help me in the long run! Well I love you guys! I hope all is well wherever you may be! Thanks for all you do for me! Keep up the good work! And remember every member a missionary!

Not a Second Wasted
Elder Burnham (B2)

No comments:

Post a Comment