Monday, August 19, 2013

District Leader!


Well this week has been quite full! Elder Kenison and I have become very acquainted with missionary "work" hahaha. We got to rip up an old floor, It was great! Not only were we handling big heavy tools, but we were not in a white shirt and tie!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!! We then taught this investigators family a very intense Plan of Salvation lesson! It wasn't exactly as we had planned it, but they understand it, and understand that they wont fully accept the things we teach until they truly have come to know the Book of Mormon is true! So they are reading! To go along with that, we ran into "Papi" an old southern baptist man, who is awesome! We knocked into him and the first thing he said was "I'm sorry boys I'm baptist" We didn't let up one bit!!! booyah! We bore testimony of the divinity of our message right there on his door step and asked him to read from the Book of Mormon and lo and behold, his next statement was "oh man I was going to ask for one to read, I really want to but I didn't want to impose." We are super excited for him! So this past Thursday we had a meeting up in the city and I asked President if he had gotten the letter yet, he said he hadn't. So I told him what will be coming and asked him what his thoughts were, well he said he never has heard of that, siblings serving together. He said he thinks that would be an awesome experience and he would be willing to work with whomever to get it rolling. I love Pres. Walkenhorst! He is such a great man! So inspired, yet so down-to-earth! So regarding those pictures you think you are sending out, I actually would like a picture of the whole family, as recent as possible but still before the mission. I'm gettin' hounded out here foo not having any so I need one with my siblings and all that jazz. Oh and I asked for some advice on training a while ago, well transfers are this Wednesday and... yeah any advice on leadership roles? Maybe even from Sean. I have been called to be the district leader down here. Well I'm loving it out here! Its getting a little crazy with them miracles! I love it! We will be getting a new branch president soon. Wednesday is the "meeting" for all priesthood leadership to attend, so it will be soon. We need it, I'm hoping this means a new branch mission leader! Things are picking up here in little Pauls Valley.

Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Burnham (B2)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment