Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hunky-dory :)

I am glad to hear all is well and hunky-dory. I am also so thankful I will always have a place to sleep in your home even if it is in a sleeping-bag on the cold hard floor. Just a side thought, I wonder how many of those bags began as the Walker's, and how many of the Walker's bags began as ours? All well, well this week flew bye! We have been doing lots of work, and weeding out the elect from the non. I have really pushed this to the front of my sights and am trying my best to work with those I feel impressed are the elect. I desperately want to do my part in working towards the goal of 100 baptisms in August, but not to complain, Pauls Valley is notorious for being the "dead-zone." We had ended the drought with our one baptism last transfer, but let me tell you; Satan is hitting this mission hard with our new resolve! Us missionaries are very well known now, we have been involved in community projects, events, and lots and lots of knocking! We haven't seen too much result from all this, so we turned to the members! Which we should have done in the beginning, but we don't have the miles to get out to our members! Its so frustrating. We are trying so hard to involve the members here but no one has any motivation. We started a missionary 101 class to invigorate members, we try those who are within our miles. No one is doing anything because in 2 weeks there are going to be major changes to the branch. New branch president and all that jazz. Our mission leader is super dee duper less active! He is now setting us up! We setup appointments then he magically is not there! He is the only one I have met who has avoided his calling to this degree! BLEHHHH! But other than that the work is going great! We have found some families out there! They are in outlying towns that we can't get to frequently, but we are doing what we can! Oh, I don't know what it is but it seems like we are finding more receptive spanish speaking families than english, which is fantastic because we don't have anyone here who speaks spanish, Oh wait yeah we do our mission leader! :( We could use Sean immensely right about now! I know this will end up on Sean's screen so, Sean If you would please, write me and include your testimony in spanish that I can relay to these wonderful families. I actually kind of taught a lesson in spanish the other day. I took out the Libro de Mormon and read Moroni 7:45-47 in spanish and took the vocabulary from that and did my best. It was pretty cool, I so wish I had been called spanish speaking! Maybe we are finding all these spanish families because it is prep for Sean to come ;) hahaha. I thoroughly enjoyed the letter sent to the Mission Presidents. It is really cool to see the line of missionaries I come from! I am at this point the youngest serving out of our whole family! I have been prepared and had the best of examples to apply into my own mission! Thank you to all! I love you so very much! If you have gotten anything out of this letter, I would hope it was be involved in missionary work! I love this work! I love the struggles that arise, but I love seeing the growth when we finally look back and see the victory of those trials! 

Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham (B2)

No comments:

Post a Comment