Monday, August 26, 2013

6 Months out



Well I guess I've got some explaining/ answering to do. I guess I'll start with the debit card dilemma. No it's not that I don't get enough, it's that I don't get enough to get the necessities and some materials for a stop-smoking workshop we do. We encourage our inves. to buy the stuff themselves, but as I'm sure you are aware the residents here in OK are often in some destitute situations, we try our best to get fellow-shippers to provide these things, and sometimes that works, but often the members are just as if not more destitute than the inves. I know it's not a very good excuse, But I promise I wont use my debit anymore unless its an emergency. I'm sorry. It's very hard to walk into a home that has no power, A/C, furniture, or food with a suit on, nice shoes, a nice back-pack to hold everything, a snack to keep me good if I start to get hungry. I try and give all I have, I know anything I do is temporary, but I try my best to help out in anyway possible. I know the water I bring will only quench their thirst for a little while, but the doorway I bring them to leads to the everlasting living waters! I just all would understand this in our wonderful message! Yes, I have been writing Tayler Fox, actually she initiated the contact. I just told her to ask Michael Barton about the Plan of Salvation, because she told me her grandfather just recently passed away. I haven't heard back yet. I have asked her to get me Kimberly Lewis' address but again i haven't received anything back yet. So Jennie got married aye? Good for her! Did Sara get to do a family name at the baptisms? Man next time y'all see Shea tell that woman to write me!!!!!!! she is being a brat! The only one who sees me off and she still hasn't written me. NOT COOL. We have not received any new leadership, our Branch President will be here for another month I believe. He hasn't even found a home to move into yet. BUT, He taught a splendid lesson during third hour, on hastening the work!!! He challenged the whole branch to specify their fast for inspiration for developing a mission plan, which has been non-existent since forever ago! We are so excited to see the branch step it up! I don't know if it was because Elder Burnham pesters members to go out with the missionaries, or if it is because I hound the branch president for a new mission leader, but either way he has stepped up to the plate! I'm excited to see the fire under everyone's cabooses! YEE-HAW!!!! Has Pres. Walkenhorst contacted you? Yes I am still training while serving as DL. I feel like I don't have enough time to plan district meeting trainings, as well as quality training with Elder Kenison. Thank-goodness for manuals we can rely on for basics. I've survived the first week so I guess I CAN do this. Yeah you can delete the photos and videos, the reason my pictures aren't good quality is because the camera is old and not the best of quality, I liked my old camera! but it didn't have an SD card :( I guess I can fidel around with it. So to answer dads inquiry; no the weather hasn't been to crazy. Super humid, which kills while biking, but just as hot as back home.... I think. I've accepted sweat as a natural thing and I have no phobia whatsoever! Sweat is my friend not my enemy! I have to tell this to myself every morning! Hey if y'all could get me McKay's address I would appreciate that. Thanks for the reminder dad! I totally forgot that a ward/branch activity can be scheduled soon! I will implement that in this little branch! That will be a great opportunity for fellow-shipping! Does the Modesto 1st ward have a mission plan? I want a copy? I've never seen one, my past two areas didn't have one, and since we are headed down the road to creating one it might be insightful to know what one might look like :) Well this week has been good, we did a lot of service this week! Elder Kenison and I moved in a sister from the Ada ward all by ourselves! We helped rip up old linoleum from like the 50's, that was fun, not as an occupation but for a one time experience it was fun! I ripped some garments in the process, oops. But I felt like a man! HOORAH! :) Well I love all of you guys! Keep up all the good work! I love it out here! I can't believe It's already been 6 months! Holy-cow this is flying by! It needs to stop that! Work on that for me will ya? :) I love ya more!

Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Burnham(B2)

No comments:

Post a Comment