Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Yeah, I did a hard thing.

Well Shoot!

Since I email at the church I have no set back! This week has been so so! We have been able to catch a lot of less actives and hopefully strengthen their testimonies! We are starting to see that part of missionary work pick-up (Less actives). I did exchanges this week with Elder Kahawaii down in Sulphur, we were able to teach a deaf family via pen and paper and using the cell phone. It was pretty interesting! But we had a wonderful visit, and they are just a super solid family! They even have a deaf dog!!! Its great! Elder Kahawaii and I ended up singing to an investigator, which was interesting. Kahawaii has a super good voice, so it covered up mine. :) I was a little hesitant with leaving Elder Kenison to run the area with Kahawaii's comp. because they are both fairly new out in the field. And yes my fear came true. They ended up getting in with a young family and I guess from what I understand, slammed them pretty good with authority and so I will be going over tomorrow to see the damage. What I gather is that they spent about 30 minutes just telling them that all their preachers, pastors were false and all baptisms they preformed were invalid and wrong. Needless to say they didn't take to kindly to it. I mean yes everything they said was true, but the delivery of the pie in the face is so crucial! So this will be fun!!! So I'm sorry to hear that the missionaries out there aren't really opening up to the members and creating environments/ relationships to build one another up. Its all about the members and working in unity! We are excited for the new drive in the branch here! We meet together as a branch next Sunday and will be creating our branch mission plan! Hey dad, you should send me a copy of the modesto 1st ward's plan! Sara,  Be the bigger man. (woman). Kindness brings about kindness. Love brings about love. Service brings about service. Just as those are true so is contention brings about contention, which do you want? :) I love you! I know you are awesome. I know you had to deal with schmucks for brothers, so here is your schmuck brother trying to help you out instead of beat you down! Sara you are the example to me, not the other way around. You do so much missionary work and you don't even recognize it! Continue being the light others can depend on when some kind of darkness blurs their vision. I know this gospel is true! I know what I'm out here doing is no man's work or labor, but God's. I know the trials we face can be sometimes blamed on satan, but we also need to take a step back and see how we can grow from our struggles. Will we get back in shape if we don't go through pain and soreness? I have come to love challenges and trials! I see them as a way to prove myself! Y'all know I'm a show-off, well lets all be righteous show-off's. Let's be able to look back at trying times and say "Yeah, I did a hard thing" How do we show-off righteously? Read Mosiah 18:8-19. "We are all enlisted til the conflict is o'er, happy are we, happy are we" I love you all so very much! Keep Pauls Valley in your prayers!

Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Burnham(B2)

No comments:

Post a Comment