Monday, April 29, 2013

Lots of Love

Dearest Mother,
 
Thank you so much for the package! It truly made my day. I also received letters from Pres. and Sis. Tolboe, and G-ma & G-pa Burnham. This week was great! Our numbers don't show it, but it was. So for my birthday dinner we were supposed to go over to a families home, but Bro. Rex was sick so we just took it home. We had some delicious enchiladas! That has been the only Mexican food Ive had out here. Talking about that meatloaf and biscuits was not cool mom! Well tell the Hawkins congrats for both baby and recital from me. Tell the boys to all go on missions as well! :) Sara always does well, I don't understand her crazy anxiety throw-downs! I'm sorry to hear about Sis. McRae. Let her know I love and appreciate her. 
 
So no we did not even know about helping hands, But we raked a senior sister's backyard that was infested with snakes and brown recluses. I thought I was going to die! 
 
For living prophets, you could have each of them choose a talk from this last conference and ask them how they might be able to bring it up while talking with a friend or friends, and challenge them to do so then tell them you want to hear about the experience next week. This will help them learn the doctrinal points taught by our leaders and help them be more comfortable providing missionary work. For scripture study, boy that might a little tougher, I actually will send home a form we got from President Taylor about 50 questions the BOM answers so you could make copies and ask them to answer them. For reverence you could do an object lesson, have one of the kids start singing or talking about sports or something, then have one of the other kids try and bear his/her testimony. Then that can segue into bearing testimony. Are we just reciting words we have heard others using or are we actually sharing our beliefs with people? Is what we are saying being confirmed by the Holy Ghost or is it just filling a time slot? If the spirit is not there it will not pierce the heart of those who hear. The question should be; is there anything you cant learn from President Monson about following the Spirit?! 
 
Well I love yall to death! Thank you for all you do for me! I'm loving every moment out here! I know this is exactly where my Heavenly Father wants me to be! I love this mission! I love my comp.! I love the Lord! I love my Savior! I love my family! I love this gospel! I have a testimony of it, and want to share it with all! We just need to OPEN OUR MOUTHS! This is probably the biggest thing I'm working on at this point, surprising right? Elder Burnham having an issue talking, whoda thunk it?
 
Not a Second Wasted
Elder Burnham.

No comments:

Post a Comment