Monday, April 15, 2013

Struggles and Miracles

This week has been a struggle, as well as full of miracles. We found out this week that two of our investigators watched conference at home. YES!!!!! And they really liked the marriage counsel that was given, which surprised me that that is what they really got out of it. I was so excited, I'm sure I had a big goofy grin! Those same investigators, the Roberts, have committed to being baptized the 25th of May. We are so excited for them! We are running out of lessons to teach though. We will be watching the restoration tomorrow with them. We have been struggling to get them to read the Book of Mormon. We leave commitments but they have busy, hectic lives and never get to it, so we read when we visit them but that isn't as effective as them doing that personally and gaining that divine witness. It's so frustrating! Any ideas?
 
 Well Elder ___ who was in Ada as well has gone home. He has had depression and anxiety, and said he can't feel joy out on the mission so he went home Thursday. I'm going to miss that man. Transfers are this Thursday, and Elder Jones will be getting a new comp. Because of the increase of missionaries new districts have been formed and Ada has been made its own. So our district has 4 elders and Elder Anderson, my comp., has been called as district leader. So this will be interesting. 
 
So Elder Jones has this thing called an ab roller, and it is killer but I love it! He has been staying with us in a trio since his comp went home. He brought it over and I fell in love. I need to find one! 
 
We are still teaching Ying and he has agreed to start coming to church. He plays in a band at another church but he said he wants to check ours out so we are really excited with his progress! We gave him a Mandarin Chinese Book of Mormon and he got really excited it was real cool! He is just soaking up the Gospel like a sponge! I wish Sis. Richardson was here to be his fellowshipper :)
 
 We have received notice that for like the next 4 or 5 transfers we will be receiving up to 25 missionaries each, 22 came out with me. President Taylor and his family have two more transfers before they leave. I'm really bummed I really like them. This Friday is a mission conference and Elders Neil Anderson, Davies, and Soares are speaking. It should be a real awesome experience! I love this work. I love this mission. I love my awesome family. I love my companion. I love the Book of Mormon (how is your reading going?). I love my Heavenly Father. I love my Savior.
 
Not a second wasted
Elder Burnham.

No comments:

Post a Comment