Monday, April 8, 2013

Conference was amazing

Dearest Mother and Father,
I love you guys sooo much! I'm super jealous of you getting Adi but whatever at least I got to see her, stinks to be Sean! :) haha. One of the biggest things I miss is good Mexican Food! But I do like bbq. One of my favorites is called Rib Crib! mmmmm good. That boy is crazy! All of that stuff is soo much fun! Slap him around a bit! Its so weird to think Momma is going to be sooo young! I really like that quote mom. That means I will be gaining my first year of experience this month! Well conference was amazing! I cant believe I never really cared to listen to conference! I regret it sooo much! I was very good at watching and letting the talks go in one ear and out the other. But now I enjoy it so much! I think having someone that I want to receive personal revelation for helps out a ton. And when I'm a father/husband I will be just as excited to hear the counsel of our leaders. Yes I am tightening the nuts..... now. So I guess conference made some headlines with a women praying, I think its so funny what things get printed these days, because we are under a microscope. I think one of my favorite talks might have been Sis. Dalton. she laid down the hammer! That woman is a powerhouse.  So dos it look like Jenni and Bud are going to go for that home near Ustach? So are y'all "catching the wave?" I hope so this work needs to go on stronger than ever before! I hope you are praying for families or names to give to the missionaries, but not just stopping there, going out with the missionaries! Or inviting the families and missionaries over for lessons. Its so critical that members get active in the missionary work! Every member a missionary just like Henry B. Eyring stated in the Saturday evening session! "Put your shoulder to the wheel push along!" I love being out here! I love the families and investigators the lord is teaching through me. I love my companion. I love my amazing hilarious dorky family. I love my brother and his example to me. I love the leaders of the church. I love my mother and father. I love my Savior. I love my Heavenly Father.
Not a second wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham.



I forgot this little experience.
 
This past week has been amazing, and to top it off we received prophetic counsel from our leaders! This past Monday the four of us elders here in Ada were able to participate in a blessing for a non-member friend of a sister in the ward. She had been having some neck and stomach pain. Elder Jones anointed and Elder Hopkin sealed. It was amazing! During the blessing we all felt her jump, we thought we might have hurt her neck. Come to find out she told us afterwards she felt a shock wave come from our hands into her heart and neck. She couldn't feel her pain anymore and she claimed to be a little freaked out. We told her how healing comes predicated on faith, and testified that what she felt was the power of the priesthood, and the Spirit. I have never witnessed something so tangible and amazing as that. It was such a testimony builder as to what we are doing in our Heavenly Father's work, and we have been granted special power to administer to his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment