Monday, May 13, 2013

Grand

Dearest Mother,
 
This week has been grand! Besides all the success we have been having I got to converse with my whole family! So I also found out that another missionary here, who leaves in like a month and a half, is the son or grandson of the owner/groundskeeper for the duck club right next to Burnham duck club. What a small world! His name is Elder Clements. This past Thursday was zone conference and it was wonderful! President Taylor gave a lecture/lesson/talk on the Gathering of Israel and who we are! It was real interesting and cool to make some connections. Sister Taylor spoke on the role the Holy Ghost plays in conversion. Sister Taylor is awesome! She reminds me of you mom! Just one of the most amazing women I know, you cant help but feel the spirit every time she bears testimony! We also had a little course on "real-playing" Or as the rest of the world knows it role-playing. It was real good as well! We talked of the importance of real-playing, and how we retrieve revelation for our investigators.
 
 So have you gotten the SD card yet? I hope so. Anyway send it back as soon as you can :) 
 
Oh at the Zone Conference we were introduced to President Walkenhorst by President Taylor via slide show. He is 7 feet tall, played ball for BYU. Has a business in which family of inmates can buy and ship select items to the convicts. Very interesting! 
 
Hey I'm going to need stamps, so if you could send those when you send the SD card back that would be awesome! Hey mom you need to look up a singer named Cherie Call there is a song I like from her called "It passes all my understanding". One more thing, I remember you were able to serve alongside Aunt Laurie, and I was curious if that still occurs today? Or have they done away with that? I'm just throwing that idea out there, I figure Sean will be pretty busy with his school life and all those beautiful women that will drool over my gosh darn handsome brother, but if he ever considers it I would love to have that man as my companion! Just curious. 
 
Well I love my companion. I love my mission president. I love the area I am in. I love the Lord's work. I love being a missionary. I love the Book of Mormon. I love my family! I love my mother. I love my eldest brother, my Savior. I love my Father in heaven. Stay strong and write often!
 
Not a Second Wasted
Elder Ryan Burnham.

No comments:

Post a Comment