Monday, May 20, 2013

"Humid as Heck!"

WOW!!!
 
That letter was jam-packed with all sorts of craziness! I love it! Well, to answer Dad's question: honestly I haven't even really thought of it. I guess it is similar to what y'all had said, but at the same time it is 110% completely different! I feel like Mom's mission was probably very similar, but I'm getting the impression that Oklahoma isn't quite like Bolivia. But.... It is all the Lord's work and that never changes! I'm just glad I can eat fruits and vegetables that grow in the ground with out getting some deathly disease (however tasteless it may be.) This week has been a preview as to whats to come this summer! It has been in the upper 80's low 90's and humid as heck! I don't like it but hey what can you do about it? Also I got a canker sore and it still hasn't gone away :( Its really hard to teach when it hurts to speak! But it hasn't stopped me yet! So we received a phone call from the assistants this Saturday informing Elder Anderson that he will be training again. That means I'm getting shipped out to somewhere else. In fact out of the 4 missionaries here in Ada I'm the only one not training. We have some solid missionaries here! I love these guys to death! I will find out where im headed and who I'm joining this Sunday. I have mixed feeling about leaving, I really like elder Anderson, I like our apartment, but at the same time I'm ready for change. New scenery is needed, even if Oklahoma does all look the same (flat and brown.) So now that we are teaching so much and trying to pinpoint the elect, the time has been flying by! The days scream passed you and the weeks are like days! Today is my 3 month mark already! That means only 21 left :) So regarding the weather: we haven't gotten much of anything, some strong winds but that's it. Its not pleasant to bike in but we are just racking up spouse points :) hahaha. I know that Edmond had a tornado touch down there, but that's all I'm aware of. Elder Jones is going there this coming transfers to train. I think Edmond is pretty known for tornado's. Lucky him! Well I think this coming week will be good for member meals because we kinda guilt tripped everyone into feeding us if they haven't since we have been here! ;) righteous guile! Oh, this past Wednesday (I think) we got caught in a flash downpour! It was awesome! ha ha I wasn't too happy right at first but then it just got fun! Luckily I wasn't in one of my suits but everything else got soaked! It was nice warm rain! Well that's all I can think of. I'm sure happy you guys have had a great week! I love you all! I love my companion. I love my Mission President and Mission Mom. I love my mission. I love the Book of Mormon. I love learning. I love bearing testimony, and feeling the Spirit. I love sleeping after a hard day of work! I love studying every morning! I love this Gospel. I love the Lord's work. I love our Savior. I love our Heavenly Father! I love the Plan of Salvation! I am thankful for all the support of family and friends!
 
Not a Second Wasted
Elder Burnham
 
Zone Conference May 13, 2013                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

 (Ryan is right above Sister Taylor the Mission Pres. Wife)

No comments:

Post a Comment