Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference

All is well in OKC. I'm sure that was neat that Elder Walker and soon to be Hermana Hawkins got to see each other. We weren't able to get any investigators to conference, but we were able to get a Recent convert who just got the Priesthood to all sessions. He's 15. He is a great kid! His name is Percy! We got to watch the Saturday sessions at church and then the Sunday Morning session we watched at Bro. Gates a single man who is one of our best member missionaries! He is great! Then for the afternoon session we went to Bro. Lusks. He is like my OKC dad out here! I love that man so much! He is a great Ward Mission Leader! So because he is a photographer, we have recruited him numerous times to help us out with visuals and all that jazz. We are some high-tech Missionaries! We have a booth at the local community college and we have banners, TV's, surveys, and all kinds of displays we use. We are also going to be starting an interview thingy, where we are going to go to the YMCA and setup a very professional looking set and ask random people if we can ask them a few questions while filming, such as who is Joseph Smith? What are Mormons? Things you would see from the New York Times or something. It's going to be fun. Then we will give them a card and tell them that they can find out all the answers to the questions through the info on those cards. It's going to be fun! Well My favorite things from conference was Hollands, Rasbands,... shoot I can't select any one. They were all great! I just Love conference! I remember the days when I would lay on the floor under the foot rest so you couldn't see whether or not I was sleeping, which I always was. Now it's better than Christmas! It's absolutely amazing! I can't wait for the Ensign so I can re-read them hundreds of times! Sounds like y'all have a busy schedule coming up. I'll pray for ya. In addition to memorizing part of the living Christ, maybe the first vision. You could "ask the missionaries" for a restoration pamphlet, or I could send some out. It is a very powerful passage. In fact this past week we taught a 71 yr. old lady named Sharon who told us that while we related Joseph's vision her own vision cleared as she looked upon the picture of Joseph's experience. We were able to help her recognize the Spirit and she softly committed to baptism. She is a funny old lady. I find it funny that I can love someone without knowing a lick about them. I am thankful for the knowledge of being a Child of God! This identity I know. This is how I can love without knowledge. I know Sharon is my sister, I can have 1 of 2 conversations with my sisters and brothers in the hereafter. First, "Why didn't you tell me?" I do not want to experience this one! The second is two pronged. Either, "Thank you, for telling me and bringing me back to the fold." or "Thank you, thank you for trying. I'm sorry I rejected, but thank you for trying your best." This is what I try and relate to the members we work with. It's a very thought provoking concept, which hopefully will lead to action. I know that's what it's all about! Action is key! I pray that we may all act in righteousness. I love you all so much! Thank you Dad for looking through your mission memoirs. Bro. Lusk has a website full of Bolivia. I think it's from his visits back. I'll get it from him and give it to you. I feel like I'm at home listening to my father recount his mission experiences when I talk with Bro. Lusk. It humbles me and encourages me to be a man/missionary my son will be proud of. Thank you for your example. What you have done for me, cannot be put into earthly words. I am Elder Burnham! I have the honor of wearing that tag all day, I know what it means, I will let everyone know as well! I also bear Jesus Christ on my heart! There is no better place than this. I am so thankful for my Savior! I am currently studying the words of Christ in the New Testament. They bring so much solace and comfort to my soul! I love Him! My favorite part of Conference was Pres. Packer, I believe, Who recounted the testimony that said they have seen the Lord, then he in turn said "their words are mine." That was an awe-inspiring moment for me! I am an appendage of the 12, they are special witnesses of Christ. I have the sacred opportunity to bear my testimony of Christ. I will not miss a moment to do so! I cannot afford it! My brothers and sisters cannot afford it! I love you all so much! "Carry on, Carry on, Carry on!"
 
Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham (a representative of Jesus Christ)
 
PS: I hope the font is large enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment