Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Birthday Elder

My heart is very full this Easter week! I have seen so many miracles! I hope I have enough time to share them all! First off, I am so glad this holiday was so successful and heart-felt for y'all. Well, the miracles I witnessed this week started, this Friday. We have found a new investigator who is absolutely prepared! She has a very intriguing background. She was very anti, due to an abusive father who was a member. She hated Mormons! She was the type to chase us off the porch. and if we left anything at her door, she would track us down and return it. However, last Saturday her 19 year old son was baptized! This was the beginning of a great softening. She finally let us teach her what her son was being taught. We taught her everything! She knew it was true, but something was holding her back. (my suspicions; her father.) However, We had a secret weapon! President Walkenhorst!!!!!!!! We took him out teaching with us for the first time, and wam bam thank you mam! She is getting baptized May 10th! That man is 7 feet tall. HE is a giant in height and Spirit. It was amazing! After we had our lesson, I looked at Tamy and asked "Tamy, when are you getting baptized" She just had a giant smile and said "May 10th" It was beautiful! Hazzah! This Saturday, we had a Easter concert performed by the "Central Saints" an interfaith group created by...... LDS members. They performed the "Lamb of God" It was amazing! Tamy was there and just was balling! Well that's not special, because everyone was! It was amazing! My Easter Sabbath was great. We spent it with a family who has a daughter serving in Helsinki Finland, so we were taken care of pretty well. We went hunting for eggs, we had a fun Easter message prepared which E. McGlothlin's mother sent him. (the ol' Easter story y'all did). We even were able to make some great progress with their other less-active daughter. Over all it was great! We love going over to their home! She even cooks similar to you mom! It was fantastic! Well, my last and final miracle, has no relation to my area. It regards my past area, Ponca City. We went up for one of E. McGlothlin's inv. baptism. While we were there I was able to text an investigator I taught While there, and basically do those missionaries work for them, they are disobedient, and the ward dislikes them. Anywho, I committed her to read and pray that night for an answer, well she did and the next morning she texted the missionaries saying "I need to be baptized!" It was amazing! She wants me to come back up and baptize her! I'm so excited. Her name is Shelby, she is the daughter of Dana, who we baptized while I was there. Dana is the one in the picture I sent home then. Guess what else I found out, Freddy Lemmo's cousin enters the mission field this transfer. She is coming here. It's a small world. I love you all so very much! Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I am striving to live up to my heritage! I am proud to be An Elder Burnham! (jamon-quemado) I thank you for all you have done to shape and mold me into the un-relenting brat I am! It has helped a bunch in missionary work! I am striving to recognize God's hand more in my life, by writing a miracle I saw everyday. I challenge you to do the same! Forever Strong! In PMG I studied Ch. 3 and loved every piece of it! our message is beautiful and flawless! Onward to victory!
 
Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment