Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy New Year

WOW,

I uh don't really know what to say. I have all kinds of mixed emotions! I think I will just stick with; I love my family so much! 

It was nice to get to talk with y'all! Sara sent me a picture of Christmas Eve pajamas, Sara is so big! Not cool! I'm not going to be able to pick on her as much! ;) Well Emailing after talking to you 5 days ago, isn't the easiest. 

Some area updates: The part-member family we have been working so hard with finally came to church! They had a great experience and will certainly be back! I also had to play bad guy and withhold candy from their 4 year old. It was so hard!!!!! I'm usually the one sneaking candy to the kids behind the parents back, but not only did the dad catch me, our ward mission leader caught me. They then said if he wants another mint he has to say please first. It was so hard for me! The little guy was crying telling his dad that he needed to say it for him. I'm a big sucker for the kids. I think it was because he reminded me so much of Landon. By the end of church he finally said please and got the mint. I was happy to give it to him! I know this is a long way off, but I can't wait for the day I have a little brat running around raising heck! I know I know, careful what you wish for, but we all know children bring the greatest happiness! 

There was supposed to be a baptism out in WA state, but due to some logistic things it was not able to happen. He gets back Wednesday and we will be planning his baptism for out here when he gets back. He's a good guy, I just wish he could have done it out there where family and friends are.

Yesterday we had dinner at the former Stake Presidents home, and we had some delicious brisket and chicken sandwiches. HOWEVER, I don't know what it was, but when I got home an hour or so later the toilet became my best friend. I was throwing up. This has been the roughest time of the mission (health wise) It is driving me crazy. I'm trying to recognize God's hand in it, but I'm not sure. Maybe he is trying to tell me something. I'm working on the deciphering. If you could send me a urimm and thummim that would do the trick ;) 

So a while back I told you about wanting to return in may for the sealing of the Wilsons. Well I was able to go back to the city for a civil wedding this last Saturday. While I was there I was able to see 3 of the sister missionaries that I served with while in OKC. They are all home now, but they came back. I had the opportunity to chat with them and we are thinking of doing a road trip out to OK for the sealing. I don't want to exclude the family, and I want to do what Brianne had the opportunity of doing with us in Michigan. There are peoples I want y'all to meet. I know it's in the future a ways, but before I forget I wanted to tell ya. 

I love you so much!

Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment