Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving

I will make sure I send something for the newsletter. It may be a written letter though. I hope that's okay?

We haven't heard anything about skype, I think it all worked out for the mission, but we will see. Elder Bueno and I working through things. We are just completely different people besides the name tag, which I'm trying to let be the foundation of our relationship. We both are willing to work, but he keeps telling me that the way I do things is the wrong way. It gets me all flustered. I know what I need to do, and I'm doing all I can to work with him. I'm trying to keep a good attitude and do all I can to learn from him. I'm looking for any opportunity to serve him. I pray it works. I've been really studying meekness and how I can apply that characteristic. 

So with this new initiative...... Have you read your ensign? He is the gift! I'm soo excited for this! This is going to be a great opportunity to bring others to Christ! How will you share the gift? I expect all 9 of those pass along cards to be distributed!

Our Thanksgiving was decent. We were not allowed to proselyte on Thursday. We had a dinner with a family who has three sons who all have mental handicaps. The father is Italian and really loves to cook, and boy did he! We had so much food! It was fantastic! After that we got together as a district and played games and socialized. We had fun, but I felt like we were wasting time. So, I took some time to call just about everyone and wish them a happy Thanksgiving, and try to set up appointments. It wasn't too successful, but I felt like I was being productive. I got the gifts from Aunt Laurie and and loved them. One companionship didn't get anything from family for Thanksgiving so I actually re-gifted the basket. We also got a pie from the family we ate dinner with, so we went around to the companionship's in my district and doorbell ditched them. (Which is really hard to do on bikes, but we worked it out) We weren't found out! I'm a ninja! Just like that time I snuck up to Girls-Camp! ;) 

Other than that, it's been a week of meetings. We received some formal instruction on the He is the Gift initiative. If you don't hear from your missionaries this week, tell them I'm ashamed! This is something that needs to reach every home! They need to get on the ball and talk with all members, active and less active. This is a great tidal wave of goodness! If you don't hear from them soon invite them over to spend at least 15 minutes talking about it with y'all! Will you do that? This goes for all who read this email!

Well I love ya! I'm doing the best I can out here! There is a rumor that we may get a car soon. So if you want to pray for that, I would not be mad at all!

Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment