Monday, February 24, 2014

1 Year MARK!!!

 
A YEAR!!!!!! WHAT!!!!!?????? I don't believe it! It hasn't been that long! I've only been out for about 6 months! There is no way it's been a year! I think your calendar is all messed up! I've got about 18 months left!...................... Gah!!!!!!!!!! I'm, soooo old! I don't know anyone left in the mission! All the missionaries I knew real well have died or are dying within the next 3 transfers! My trainer dies next transfer! I'm so thankful for his training and example to me! We have definitely created a lifelong relationship! I get to serve around him for his last transfer. He is not in our zone but he is in OKC serving Spanish. He serve the first 2 transfers Spanish and the last two, other than that he has served English and trained like 15 million times! He is a super awesome missionary! Yes the library was open. Musical Grandkids aye? That sounds fun. I had a depressing day on Sunday. A young mom who looked like Jenni had a newborn and like 3 kids under the age of 5, AND I COULDN'T HOLD ANY OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss kids so much! Here in the city there are a lot more young families and I can't help out with the kids like I want to! It's so hard! The sisters in my district said they were going to buy me a fake baby "so I can meet those paternal needs!" Weirdos! So Tyler and Jacelyn aye? Whoda thunk? I went on a couple double dates with that chick. I don't remember if I told you or not, but while I was in Ponca Tyler actually wrote me. I told him I needed a wedding invitation and never heard back ;) Looks like he took some friendly advice! haha. I will see what President thinks of Uncle John's proposal. Hey do you remember what I won in the chili cook-off right before I left for OK? So the temple..... How do you like the new film? I don't know if I told you..... Man I'm a slacker..... I was able to go through the temple with a recent convert the first week I was in OKC. His name if Ralph Wynn and he invited me to go through with him! I didn't baptize him, but I got very close to his family while serving in Ponca City! Now the sister in our ward get to go with a Less Active who is just returning to church after many years. They are super excited! I did get Dad's response and I ate it all up!!!! That was fantastic! Why did I never engage dad in doctrine discussions before? I missed out on soo much! I can't wait to sit down with Dad and Sean and anyone and just...TALK...! I sent that same letter to like 15 different individuals including Pres. Marshall, Tolboe, Walkinhorst, Sean, other missionaries out here. I got an email from President Walkinhorst that he is taking time to answer my questions and give me a suitable response! I'm so excited! I was affraid he was going to reprimand me and tell me to study the first three lessons or something to that effect. President Walkinhorst and I are tight! Every time he sees me, he says "Uh Oh, watch out for the deep-thinker, you have to watch out for those Cali boys!" It's fun! Speaking of Lasagna, Have you tried that recipe I sent home? If not, I am very sorrowful! DO IT! :) Also, will you send back at least one of the two SD cards I've sent home now? I have one full, but I'm holding it for ransom until I get another :) I love ya!
 
Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment