Monday, February 3, 2014

It's February

Dearest Mother,
Transfers: I am outta here! :( I didn't want to leave, but I don't get a say in it. I'm headed to the grand ol' city of Oklahoma. I will be serving in the OKC 2nd N. area. I will be staying DL and will be serving with Elder Wilkes. I will be breaking him (first companion after being trained.) He's a young guy, so I'm excited to work with the greenie fire! I think it may be a biking area so yay...... Well I'm going to miss Ponca City. I remember Sean writing home once saying that a certain area was the closest to home out on the mission, well I feel that way about Ponca so far. But hey I'm only half way done, I have a bunch of time to find more "homes." Haha, I don't think umbrellas will help us too much. We are supposed to be getting snow and ice this week and it's supposed to get ugly. I'm not a fan of these Ice storms! Way to go Landon! That's some great faith there! I'm glad to hear that! Man that's a real cool connection with that BYU dancer. When was the last time you made contact with "Ho"? I'm glad to hear your back is doing better! That's no fun being immobile. A new washing machine aye? Sweet! That is nice I'm sure! Dad's get their toys and Mom's get theirs. :) hahahaha. Well be looking in the mail this week for a little package, Sara and Dad will be getting a little something. I pray Elder Sims brings some great enthusiasm to the ward. Our ward has some great fellow shippers, if they would be utilized! It's funny how missionaries (including me) think members need to be the ones doing all the work, bringing all the golden investigators to us. Well ALL investigators have that potential! They just need a friend. If they, the members, will just be willing to open their home or sit with them at church, or just sit in at a lesson and bear their testimony. Voila they are golden! It's amazing the change that occurs when a member is involved. I love when members are all curious about investigators and want to know their progress. Even if they don't think they want to be a part of missionary work, that right there proves otherwise! Members just need a little nudge, Missionaries expect a back-flip on the first try, we have got to be there to guide, ensure, and testify WITH them! I'm so ready to tear apart OKC! Bring it on! If those members down there aren't missionary minded..... Well they will be! Man this is like a pep-talk I feel all energized! I gotta go work now! I love ya! Keep up the faith and never be ashamed of the gospel! 

Elder Burnham and Jonathan Martin

Elder Wilkes and Jonathan Martin
Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment