Monday, January 27, 2014

We will hasten!



Dearest Mother,

Well I will address working out, sorry I didn't follow up. Yes I have been working out every morning until today. Saturday we were helping a non-member move and they were an elderly couple, so guess who got to do all the lifting? Yup, well I don't know if I pulled something or tweaked something, or am just a wimp, but under my left shoulder blade is killing me. I've been doing some stretches you taught me when you learned about your slipped disc or whatever it is that's wrong with your neck, it's been helping a lot so my guess is I'm just a wimp. I'm glad Sara got to grow up a little, I wish I did that :) I still am convinced it's better not to grow up! I mean come on, adults have so much more responsibility! I would rather just play and have fun, make friends then baptize them! But..... I've got to say I did a lot of growing up this past week as well! I was able to receive an opportunity to practice patience and endurance. In ward counsel, it seemed like it was negativity galore!!!! Almost every member had some lack of faith comment about our work and how we were going about working. We literally had the primary president tell us that now that we have had this influx of baptisms we can sit back and relax for a while! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!! You should be proud of me, I did not explode like I desired. I told the ward mission leader my concerns and let him handle it. Come on, If that ward counsel had been one of my district meetings and a missionary was to say that, I probably would have strung him up like a piƱata and beat him with the stick of Joseph and Judah! GAH!!!!! I know I can't do that, but I would want to! I was so very close to standing up and asking where this ward's faith had gone? We were doing soo well, now we are back to the beginning in strengthening the members to desire to do missionary work! I thought success invigorated members. I HATE SATAN!!!!! I had a sneaky way of applying this member-missionary co-op. We ran around getting all members to sign up and feed us! Not only are we going to be fed, we are also going to get to re-light that fire that was so hot! We will overcome this little road bump. The work shall continue! We will not slow, we will hasten! I love being busy! I love my mission!!!!!! I don't know about transfers, all I know is that our Zone Leaders leaked to me that the mission is about to get crazy! I don't know if it is going to change up my area or what, but I would say hold onto snail-mail. I will find out about transfers this coming Sunday. Well I love you and pray for you! I am definitely staying warm! A less active who we just got reactivated made me an afghan. some blanket thingy. It does the trick. So no worries mom. I can't promise about the safe  hehehehe

Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment