Monday, January 13, 2014

Keep working harder

Dearest Mother,
 
HOLY COW!!! That is a long letter. Full of great stories, but long. I enjoyed the stories from Great Grandma's diary. That's so funny! It's cool to have those stories which humanize the prophet. This week has been a tough one. appointments dropped, members canceling, investigators dropping us. All sorts of fun missionary stuff. Our one life line was Dana and her daughter Shelby we had a great lesson on the restoration! Shelby is really progressing and becoming a great strong young lady! She is practically a member already. She goes to all young women activities, church every week, and she has been talking about seminary. (she is only 12!) This gospel is going to impact her life so much! Not only that, but she will impact soo many other lives because of her decision to be baptized! I'm super proud of her! I am definitely surviving the weather. This week was cold, but It's warming up now. I think the coldest we got was -3. That was a smart move with the composition books, where there is written record of learning there is increased retention. That's cool y'all got to go to the temple! A recent convert here in Ponca Cirty has invited me to go when he goes through for the first time! I guess that's a pretty good sign of gaining members trust :) I'm excited! I love our little temple! Man poor Brooklyn. I'm glad she made it to school! That was the best decision! Tell Brooklyn I give her permission to kick Sara in the buns! Then she must give her a big ol' okie hug, and a wet sloppy kiss!!! just remember; don't get mad, get even ;) hahaha I love you all! I'm looking forward to this coming week! I'm not looking forward to realizing how long I've been out. That's scary! It's gone way too fast! Well all the more reason to work harder, I love you the mostest! Stay out of trouble and keep those testimonies burning brightly for all to see!
 
Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment