Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sunshine

Well Sounds like a good week! We didn't have too bad of one either. We have been able to sit down with a family that we have trying since I first arrived here 4 1/2 months ago. Their granddaughter is 10 and needs to be baptized, we found out the reason they were so flaky is because they were embarrassed of their house. Well we finally got their home teacher to invite them to a FHE and we sat down and taught the restoration and it beautifully! We set a date for the 16th of February and they are all excited for it and they have all kinds of support! Yes I sure did know about MLK day. Elder Radford who is African-American reminded us :) hahaha. I love having him in our district! He brings some "culture" us white boys have been missing! Well tell the jags congrats for me! It's about time they become the lead sports school. Also I'm glad to see the reign of big Oakdale go down! Sorry Jenni, but I never enjoyed playing them! It seemed like they cared a little too much about crushing (literally) their opponents. Well I would love to hear from Leslie especially since she asked me to write Michael and encourage him to put in his papers. She hasn't responded with his address, so I can't. Well I love you and am thankful for all the blessing I have! I had an interview last Friday with President Walkenhorst and found out for sure that this coming transfer (the 5th) Faulkner and I will be splitting up, he left us guessing how though. I think Faulkner will be gone and I will be here one more transfer, but who knows Pres. is a tricky guy! Hey mom, would you be willing to send out a copy of my mission call? I think that's something I should have with me. I would like it to study and remember the excitement and joy of being called as a representative of Christ. I am coming up on the "hump" and I want to make sure I am as focused as a green missionary! I love you!
 
Not a Second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment