Monday, January 26, 2015

Happy and NO regrets!


 Thank you!

I love you!

This week has been a great one! We were able to see two individuals enter into the covenant of baptism. However, it wasn't the two I had been earnestly praying and hoping for. Sis. Ray and Riebe felt they had not received a discernible answer to their prayers on baptism. It was one of the most painful things for me to hear. I had so much hope, and faith that God would prick their hearts. It was a hard pill to swallow. I was holding back tears when they told me. They asked what the matter was, but all I could do was tell them I love them, and so does God. I gave them each a letter addressed to Modesto, and told them they have no excuse not to write. I even put the stamps on! They graduate this Friday and both head to Ft. Hood out in Texas. It certainly was a growing experience. This is where I look up to God and say, "alright it's in your hands now. I did what I could, I wont give up on them, but It's yours." 

Jesse Martin was baptized, I will attach a picture of his baptism. He asked me to perform the baptism and E. Bueno to confirm him. It was a great experience. While drying off and changing he told me two things. He said "I feel clean. I've never felt this clean." and "I will never forget this day!" I just about started balling like a baby. It finally hit me, I have 3 weeks left. We don't have anyone else on date to be baptized. That means that Jesse was my last baptism! The requirements are 3 times at church before baptism. It was a blessing to be dressed in white with this changed man

It was great! He already has a calling lined up. He will be teaching Elders Quorum. In fact he told his wife who has been a member about a year now and she got all upset because she still hasn't received a calling. Jesse called the Bishop out there, and they are now going to get her a calling. He is so solid! It's amazing what truth can do for a life. He was strict Southern Baptist, who chased missionaries away for years. Well, his wife was fellowshipped by one of their great friends while Jesse was deployed to Korea. She in turn was baptized. Jesse came home a little disturbed by the change, but knew he needed to look into it, if for no other reason than to support his wife. He then was shortly transferred to Ft. Sill where he met us. Now he is preparing to enter the Holy Temple and be sealed to his wife and five year-old son. I love the man dearly! 

The other baptism was a soldier out on post. She is great! She has been worked on by God previous to coming to Ft. Sill. She said that she had always felt God pulling her towards the Mormon faith, but that she was scared to act. Her first week here she was approached and committed to baptism. the next week she came back and scared us all by saying her husband said he would rather her not.......... she then said, "But I told him it's what I'm going to do, so support me!" She was then baptized! The strength of the converted is amazing!

I love the Doctrine of Christ, I love the Atonement, I love truth and light, I love the Book of Mormon, and I love God!

I am happy! I have no regrets! I will finish strong!



NEVER a Second Wasted,

Elder Ryan Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment