Monday, February 9, 2015

Getting ready for his Return Home

This week has been a good one, A brother Turner that I have been teaching out on Ft. Sill was baptized! He is awesome! He came up to me 3 weeks ago (his first Sunday) and said he knew this was the truth and he wanted to be baptized that day. It was actually pretty hard to help him understand the requirement of attending 3 times and received all the missionary lessons. He endured and he finished them up and jumped into that freezing cold water! It was awesome! Next week there will be another one, who has had the same desire. Sis. Knight wanted to be baptized last week, but has to wait until next Sunday.

I'm glad to hear that Sara's celebration was so positive! I did receive a short email from her which shared her enthusiasm for her cereal and chocolate milk! She's so funny! I can't wait to make some mends and create some good memories with that not-so little girl!

My bike will be shipped off today. There shouldn't be anything else I will be sending home via mail.

So some last minute requests; What is Bishop Chapman's email? I haven't heard from him ever, and I was hoping I could get an idea on what it is he will have me speak on for my returning talk. I would like to prepare. Also, Dad needs to start prepping any and all firearms he currently has. Serving in Lawton has caused me to really miss those bad boys. Itchy fingers ya know ;) Just some things to look for, maybe speak with Dr. Tolboe. Would there be any volunteer positions open at the hospital. Or do you know of any short-term job openings. Are there any home projects that need to happen, or at the shop, or even at Jenni's house? I think my biggest fear is not having anything to do. So if there isn't anything you can think of, I'm sure I could come home, break something and then fix it :)

Did y'all get the picture Bro. Tucker sent you? I may or may not have forgotten your cell #.

Anywho, this week should be an exhausting one! Hold me accountable for it! I will work hard to the end! Once I hit Sunday my proselyting time hit's just about nothing. Sunday I will be on Post all day, then Monday is P-day and we have appointments with our WML who is like a brother to me. We will be having a last FHE with them. Then Tuesday is basically the same thing. It is booked full of appointments from members who want us over before I leave, I did get to setup an appointment with an investigator, so I don't feel too bad. I told all the members they have to do their best to invite a nonmember into their home for our last hoorah. We will see how effective I can make these last days!

I love you all! I'm excited to work with E. Gentry. Sounds like he has had a great impact on our ward! You will have to tell him and his companion that I will be at their disposal when I return! We are going to make his last transfer a fulfilling one as well!

NEVER a Second Wasted,
Elder Ryan Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment