Monday, June 10, 2013

Starving and Serving


Ok, so as of now we are not heavily involved. I have not attended church here in Pauls Valley yet. We have been up every week doing clean up. We have a shortened sacrament and then go to work. It's really weird to pass the Sacrament in jeans and a yellow helping hands shirt. But I guess the attire isn't quite as important as the actual ordinance. We did not stay over night, we would drive home each night. We were only about an hour away so it wasn't too bad. 
 
Yes I can give you our address:
202 W. Chapel Ridge #322
Pauls Valley, OK 73075

Well I can't really answer the question about the food yet. I haven't eaten too often here. We are either out working, serving, or up doing relief. The branch here is sad. The dinners here are pretty sparse. We have been fed once by a lady who only speaks spanish, so that was an awkward dinner. We ate and she stared at us and we could not communicate. But I entertained her with my little spanish knowledge, like Gordo, Guapo, Feo, Machismo, and anything else that came to mind. She made some bomb authentic Quesadillas! I don't know if I'm losing weight from service, I hope so. I have been working out a lot, more than I ever did back home so if I'm hefty I'm going to claim muscle mass ;) Oh boy I'm so thankful for being raised in a fun-loving humorous family. It is real easy for me to gain trust with practically anyone. I can get lots of people to open up and tell me deep, dark secrets/concerns. Which in turn helps us find out how to teach people, not lessons. Most people don't like tracting but I like it because you get to meet so many new diverse people and learn how the Atonement can apply to them. It's wonderful!
Oh man Elder Haskell is interesting. He is an older Elder. He is 22 and has only 2 transfers left, so it is a strong possibility I will kill him. He is seriously thinking of going into law-enforcement and is one deaf man, worse than Dad! It drives me insane!!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha. He is from..... yup you guessed it, UTAH! South Jordan. We teach well together, but I've noticed some common sense/social skills lacking so I have been learning patience and Charity. I realize my own lackings when I'm with my companion and it helps me become a better missionary, I think, so I think this companionship will be a very educational one. Well here in Pauls Valley our focus is more rescue than anything else, but we have a baptismal date that is super solid for the 29th! I'm really excited for her! Well that's all I can think of as of now. I love y'all so much! Take care.

Not a Second Wasted
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment