Monday, June 3, 2013

Pauls Valley


Yes all is well here on the great planes of OK. We have even more opportunity to serve and provide relief. It was nice being able to take off the tie and put on jeans and go get all dirty and scummy! Physical labor is one of the big things I have strangely been missing. I have found a whole new kind of tired recently. Its wonderful. So I don't think you ever told me what Sara was doing going to g-mas & g-pas for a little while. Is she meeting you guys when you come from Michigan? This summer sounds quite jam packed! Good, it will keep you out of trouble ;) I really do hope and pray Elders Burnham will be companions. Like Sean said, if you have any strings to pull that would be pretty amazing! But prayer will definitely be involved! So I am in a new area, Pauls Valley. This area has a reputation and not a good one. Elder Haskell and I either are being punished or are being trusted. We have been sent in as the clean-up crew. The previous Elders weren't the most obedient. We are in a branch and with what little exposure they had to the missionaries it wasn't good. We have been working on trust and the misconception on how missionaries really operate. We have a less active branch mission leader who hasn't been seen for a few transfers now, and so the work is going to be revolutionized here! hahaha. Pauls Valley could be golden! We have already found some great people. But we have had to back off because of some legal issues they are going through. Its a change moving from a ward where we were doing lots of finding and teaching, to a branch where the focus is retention, rescue, and families. There isn't much wiggle room either. There are 6 missionaries in this little branch. But that's OK. I'm grateful fort the opportunity to be serving here and to help the work move forward! It might not be as easy as Ada but I think it will be more educational and rewarding! Not to mention memorable ;) Well I love you all. Take care and continue praying for the victims of the tornadoes. Before I forget, I'm going to need Sean's new address.

Not a Second Wasted
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment