Monday, October 14, 2013

Miracles

This week was full of miracles! First I think a struggling companionship in my district is finally figuring out how to make things run smoothly. It's amazing how far love takes things. It's all a choice. I had each elder in the district read Beware of Pride by Ezra Taft Benson. That talk is a power house! It has changed my life completely! I encourage all to read or re-read this talk! Oh my gosh it's good! We have had enthusiastic members coming out with us and plenty of progress with investigators! Our ward is missionary minded, and we might be getting a third companionship here in Poca City, Spanish. There is a large population of Hispanics here, in fact we are attempting to teach a man who speaks only Spanish. We set the phone up on speakerphone and have our Zone Leader translate our lesson, its quirky but it actually brings the spirit in more. Because, we are kind of forced to teach very simply so Elder Reese can translate correctly. I have gained a huge testimony of simple testimonies! They are sooooooo powerful! I am really coming to love Alfredo! BUT...... we don't have to use the phone anymore. We had a young dentist and his family move into the ward and he speaks Spanish!!!!! Miracles!!! I think he might have thought we were a little weird when we almost started to cry when we found out he spoke Spanish. haha. It was a beautiful day, Then they randomly invited us over for dinner, GREAT day! We have found a bunch of less-active part-member families and we are excited to work with them. Members are giving us referrals! I'm losing weight from biking!!!!!!!!! This just might be the promised land! I'm a happy missionary! Oh, so I kind of blew it this past week. I was so enveloped in the work, that I forgot to wish Brianne and Sean a happy birthday. I hope they understand. Better late than never right? HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Well I love you all, and I hope everything continues to soar! You are all in my prayers.
 
Not a second Wasted,
Elder Burnham(B2)

No comments:

Post a Comment