Monday, October 7, 2013

Love Ponca City and Conference

Well Ponca City is fantastic! We have a ward, a ward mission leader, activities, members willing to go out with us. It just about made me cry! I was lost these past couple of days for two reasons, first I'm still the designated driver (since I'm still District Leader and have been out longer than Elder Faulkner) so I don't know my way around this city and second because I don't really know how to work with a functioning area, I've never been in one. We have coordination tonight with our mission leader, I'm a little nervous. I'VE NEVER HAD ONE BEFORE!!!!! Sad right? 7 1/2 months and have never had a coordination meeting. It's exciting! My district is pretty great! We are full of bold, loving, and genuine missionaries! I'm finally getting used to this district leader thing. I'm starting to like giving trainings and exchanges. It might help the other elders grow, but it helps me out more, I think. That may be selfish, but it's true. Man how about conference?!!!! Holy Cow!! I almost jumped out of my seat when Elder Ballard challenged all members to bring just one friend/person to the missionaries! I was looking around frantically to see if I wasn't the only person to hear that. Then Pres. Monson's talk darn near made me cry like a baby! I love that man! This conference was fantastic! Conference is like Christmas out here! Holy Moly! I love this work! I love conference! I love my family! I love being bold with people! I love feeling the Spirit prompt me to do ridiculous things and see the blessings come from it! I love reading the Book of Mormon! I love riding bikes in a flat area! ;) I love when members feed and go out with us to teach. I love receiving referrals from members! I LOVE LIFE!
 
Not a second Wasted! EVER!!!
Elder Burnham(B2)

No comments:

Post a Comment