Monday, March 18, 2013

New areas galore



Dearest Mother,

Its always great to hear from you, I apologize for not thinking and sending only the info in the Snail-mail. I will do better. Ada is awesome, tough, but awesome! So we have basically only been finding/tracting. We have taught probably 3 lessons since Ive been out. everyone will pray with us but no one will set return appointments or be there when we do. At first we thought maybe we as a companionship wasn't doing everything we could to be exactly obedient. We were getting down on ourselves. My trainer said that this last week has been the hardest of his whole mission. We made it to Friday and had district meeting, and come to find out no one has had success. All our stats were super close. Our ZL's were there and they informed us that actually our mission has had ground breaking success, that we were averaging about 25-30 baptisms a transfer, but in just four weeks it has already hit 40. so the work is going forward, it just may be a point in our missions where a trial is needed. they also said that since we have doubled our efforts, with the new age, that Satan has also reinforced his attacks. So we are to expect resistance. It all made sense to us, so we took it as a motivator and decided to make some new goals, like be more positive...etc. we have also been praying more fervently. We had a couple families feed us this week, which is always great. One sister took us out to a cafe, and ordered us fried green tomatoes, which I really like. and I was pressured into getting catfish, which I did NOT really like! So I don't know if you have received the letter from the First presidency but it was read here. It spoke of the new scriptures. So For Christmas that's what i want, the mini quad in the new style. :) Oh so i have something for you to relay to the Marshalls. My trainer is elder Anderson, his sister played soccer with jenny and jenny was a bridesmaid for her. So they actually know each other pretty well. Small world! OK So for my birthday, i have a funky request but i think it is a logical one. The thrive powdered milk. Ive been good and i have bought fat free milk, you have converted me momma. So we have on solid family and one semi-solid  man. The Roberts are great. She is 100% native American, and he is a white boy. She grew up doing Indian rituals and rain dances and stuff like that, its crazy. we had a baptism date set but they weren't able to make it to church enough. So we have set a new one. She loves the Book of Mormon, due to it being an account of the ancient America's. That's what got her hitched. Her husband just does whatever she does. :) The semi-solid man, Simon Garcia, is actually a Spanish investigator so i have no clue what has been taught or comprehended. he works weird hours so we haven't had a chance to meet with him recently. I do a real good job of looking good during those lessons, I nod my head and say "si." So no we have not heard any news on the emailing thing, but almost every missionary emails friends and leaders anyways. that's probably why it has been allowed.
 
 Hey I remember you and aunt Laurie always talking about us having native American blood in us, is this true? If you don't know, i think some family history needs to be done :) Because there are tons of Chikasaw and Chaktaw out here, and if we can prove our heritage, we could get a card, and college could be free!!!! just saying. 
So next Sunday you should request to sing hymn #335. It is our mission hymn. So I don't know if i told you, but our mission is not being affected by new missions being made. Good for Debbie! Maybe sister Tolboe shouldn't make those arrangements. keep her coming!!! What better way than to keep her in the presence of saints and the spirit? I vote keeping her coming. Hey drama Queen, stop it! Your like the best dancer in your class and you know it! you always worry and then do perfectly fine! just relax, and go dance your heart out!!!! (Sara is getting ready to take her Ballet exams)I didn't know tony ran track! Good for him, hows his schooling coming along? Maybe Sara can be his coach! I'm really impressed with your class mom, I wish you would have been my teacher, i honestly believe i did so little in my Sunday school classes. I wish the new manuals came out when i was in SS. it would have prepared me so much more. I actually felt prompted to write the Lange's about things, so they will be receiving a letter shortly. Brianne just needs to get married already! I mean take your time, have fun, enjoy college, date a lot, your still young you've got time  So i would like to make some requests. I need addresses for: Josh, Adam Daley, Elle Mele, Shea's dorm, Ryan Taylor, Heffner, Brenly's dorm and home, fischer, Lemmo, and i need sara to either get on my phone, or facebook and get Teilor Macy's. PLLLEEEEAAASSSSEEE  I also would like to know which picture is going to be put on the plaque. Oh one more thing before I get off, the church attire here is great, Cowboy boots, denim, and leather jackets! with bolos. Its fantastic! I love the vocabulary here, i know I'm going to adopt some of it! Well I love you guys so much! Y'all are the best! I pray for you everyday! Keep up the good work!
 
P.S. How is your reading coming? Im almost to Alma are you?
 
The work must go on!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment